Monday, 5 November 2012
Not All Goths Love Halloween
I am going to be a corner, I love Halloween, and I am goth (full out goth on week-ends, part goth at school). These are just things about me just because I am goth has nothing to do with my job, or my love. It is a dumb stereotype that all goths love Halloween. Goths dress the way we do because it makes us happy, and because we do not care about what others think of us. Goth styled people like myself, usually wear alot of black, chains, and upside down crosses. This is the average goth, not all goths dress like this. There are many different types of goth including but not limited to: Trad goth, romantic goth, cyber goth, fetish goth, hippy goth, j-goth, river head, perky goth, mopey goth, death rocker, baby bat, corp goth, victorian goth, medieval goth, metal head, emo goth, vampire goth, geek goth, gothabilly, cabaret goth, and steampunk goth. I hate it when people say to me (even my friends), you must love Halloween because your goth. Get this out of your head, being goth has nothing to do with Halloween. In fact, I have goth friends that hate Halloween with all their might. We are happy with who we are don't assume stuff, or think that you know everything. Plus to all the people out there that laugh at us, or judge us, go on ahead. Just like the words of Blood on the Dance Floor, "Haters Make Me Famous", so I don't care about you people or what you say. The awesome people of the universe that are scene, emo, goth, or anything like that, are moving up in the world. Look around not everyone is blond, and tan anymore. Body modification is everywhere, and soon enough "the outcasts" will be "the top of the list" meaning soon it will be you being made fun of for standing out. There will be so many people that have our style it will be what society calls "normal". Think about it would you rather look like Joan Rivers, face looks like it's made of plastic from trying to fit in. Or Sally Stitches, beautiful woman that has always been nothing other then herself. Give that some thought and until next time, this is Jayy saying don't be afraid to be the fruit loop in this Cheerios's world because soon enough it will be just fruit loops and you will think to yourself I was one before it was considered cool.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment