I love art one of my most favourite things in the world! Plus I love Halloween, I know it's such a shock! Well for as long as i could remember I always put the two together. I am like Tim Burton, that is the easiest way to explain my style. I am a cartoonist, but I only paint and draw horror style work. I put them together to make my own style. I am going to be an animator and I already have the idea for my show. I don't want to talk about it to much but basically it will be my style of Family Guy. I will post with this post a photo of what I say are my best works. Kids Love Halloween is the first one, it is 100% charcoal (except the red eyes which is art pen). It is giant for size, and was done on an art board. It took about six weeks to finish it and I was working on it non-stop. I did it for my grade 10 art summitive, I got an 83% which I did not agree with and she moved it up to a 92%. The story behind it is, my two favourite horror movie characters (at that time), were Sam from "Trick Or Treat" and Georgie from "It". So I drew them in their costumes from the movies, and they are trick or treating the house has many things that are freaky. Also the eyes are glowing red to show they are ready to kill. The second one is Six Hundred and Sixty Six Family Portraits. It is done with 100% acrylic paints. It is done on a canvas and is smaller then Kids Love Halloween, but is still very large in size. It took three months to do, but I did not work on it every day. I did it cause I felt like it, it was not for school, or for a friend. The story behind it is, it is the devils family portrait. The top is Satan and Hela then in front of them is Lucy and Damian. I made it in a fun way. They are not working or killing they are just having a fun day out. They are smiling and laughing and being happy. Lucy has barely any teeth because she is the youngest. Satan has the biggest horns and the most teeth. He is wearing a normal t-shirt, Helan is wearing a nice sweater, and the kids are wearing shirts that say things which are true however are in a teenage style. I tried to make it look almost like clothes from West 49 but with the twist of truth written on them. The last one is Lost in Wonderland. It is on a giant canvas and is the biggest one you can buy at Michels Craft Store. It is all 100% acrylic paints. It took four months and I worked on it non-stop. I did it for grade 12 are and I got 96% on it. The story behind it is Alice is getting ready to go to wonderland but it's falling apart. The rabbit stole the shrinking postion from the bowl of wisEdom so the wheels are turning his teeth are being pulled out and Wonderland is falling apart. Let me know what you think of my art. Comment and I will reply to you. Until next time have a Happy Halloweeian day from this dude, Jayy.
ps. click on the pics to make them bigger!
Hi Hailee!
ReplyDeleteWhen I read about your drawings and the different mediums you use, I was fascinated. Then I saw the pictures - they are really amazing. I love the charcoal one because I can't believe it is all done with charcoal. The shading is incredible. I also love the Lost in Wonderland. It is so funky and colourful. You are really talented and your ideas combined with your artistic flair will make you a great animator one day.
You have posted a great deal. Good for you for keeping up with the writing. I enjoy your contemporary edgy comments. I find it hard to believe that someone you admire has the exact same piercings as you do. Interesting....I will stick with the two holes in my ears.
Keep it up! Ms. Morton
Thank you very very much for nice words, made me smile. I am very glad you like them. The one you like is "Kids Love Halloween", it's my favorite too lol. It took so long to do, blood sweat and tears were no joke. :) With "Lost in Wonderland", I think that's the only art I have done with more then three colors. Thank you I hope that one day my show will get picked up and I will be a famous animator. I have tried to stay on top of it. Also I write what I see, hear, ad feel so it passes the time. Yes I love Chris Motionless and one of the tattoos Im getting in March (10 31 on the thumbs), Im stealing from him. That's ok everyone is their own person. I do not have any ear piercings yet, but I am getting gagues in Christams. Thank you for all the comments it's so nice to read them. Have a great day.
Delete-Jayy